Sunday, October 13, 2013

I should be sleeping but...

I've been laying here for 15 min and although I know I'm exhausted I'm not feeling sleepy. Michelle already has a nice slow deep breathing pattern so I think she's out. Sometimes blogging makes me sleepy so I thought I'd write a quick post to see if that helps. Hope, the awesome PSU junior who is living with us and helping us maintain our sanity, is on baby shhh-ing duty of they stir during this nap so Michelle and I can get an hour or hour and a half of uninterrupted sleep in before the next feeding.  Our general schedule has been cl;ustering around the 8,,11,2, & 5pm hours though it's a little off right now because the babies are sleeping a little longer when they get the supplementation with expressed breast milk.  So anyway at the designated hour (ish...nothing is exact) we start waking up babies to eat. We typically nurse one each letting whoever is the sleepiest just chill within arm's reach.  Whoever isn't nursing two babies then usually changes and dresses the two fed babies and gets them ready to go back down, or hangout for a bit if they're in their fun quiet alert state.  The whole eating/changing routine takes anywhere from 75-90 minutes. Ok, I'm getting sleepy so I'm gonna try to sleep. Here are a few pics :)



2 comments:

  1. Oh, we readers and admirers can never get enough! I hope you were able to fall asleep, too. Babies are so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on taking your babies home! I'm so happy for you all! They're so precious. I will cook something up for you guys soon.

    ReplyDelete

We love reading everyone's comments! Thanks for taking the time to comment!