Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Settling in for the night

Nothing new to report really.  Michelle remains "free" in that she has no monitors on and no IV which makes her a much happier camper.  She hasn't had any major cramping since coming off everything which is great.  She still has a headache, but right now that's it so that's good.  (for the record I have a headache too...though probably not as bad...)  The doctor who was supposed to come back for a cervical check around 6:30/7 got called into an emergency so we haven't seen her again.  But since Michelle isn't having those big contractions again we feel okay about that because it is unlikely that her cervix is progressing.

Michelle got to eat a Tuscan chicken Panini (with rubbery chicken) and a warm apple crisp with vanilla ice cream so that was nice.  I learned from our last trip here that I needed to bring "Mari-friendly" food with me.  So I brought some of my favorite gluten free bread from the West Seattle Great Harvest that our friend Marty brought with her when she came to visit this summer.  And last night we made kalua pork in the crockpot so I brought some of that too.  So my dinner tonight was a yummy kalua pork sandwich.  When I was heating it up one of the nurses commented on how delicious it looked!  And for dessert I had a slice of GF apple toastie bread that the mother of one of my kiddos made for us.  And let me tell you, this bread is amazing!  I'm so glad I grabbed it out of the freezer before I left the house!

I've been trying to do a little work, contacting families to reschedule/cancel visits for tomorrow and getting some mileage done.  I still have some notes that I need to catch up on, so if tomorrow is chill and baby-free I'm hoping to get those all done, but we'll see!  We've been watching a marathon of HGTV shows to keep us entertained for the evening.  Just talked to the nurse and since the doc is busy and Michelle isn't feeling contractions she thinks they'll be able to wait until the morning to do the next exam.  They will still have to wake her up at midnight to do a baby monitoring session, but that's not bad!  Hopefully we'll both sleep until then and the contractions will stay away!  Thanks again to everyone for all your positive energy...I'm sure that is why things are settling again!  Good work folks! 

Oh, and guess what?!?  No babies today means a 34 week belly picture tomorrow!!  I'm going to give myself props because just before heading here I remembered to grab the black belly pic tank top!!  Have a good night everyone and keep all that calm energy heading our way. =)

2 comments:

  1. Woohoo! Hope you are able to catch some sleep you two! Xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember that one of the most stressful things for me about impending delivery was just wondering when it would occur. I kept worrying I would go to hospital thinking I was in labor and they would send me home (we lived 45 min from hospital). Once I actually was told by my doctor that I was going to be admitted to hospital, I actually felt very calm (nurses wouldn't stop remarking on it). My point is - hopefully once a decision has been made regarding delivery, that will help both of you. And I'm confident your babies are going to be awesome....34 weeks is so good! Except, I picked Oct 3 (3 is your number) in the date pool....so if you would like to hold out 2 more days........Bri

    ReplyDelete

We love reading everyone's comments! Thanks for taking the time to comment!